This practice area cuts across advisory on corporate governance, regulatory compliance, risk management, due diligence, monitoring, maintenance, regulation and control of corporations’ assessments and audits, corporate secretarial services, corporate restructuring, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and more.
- Our team of corporate and commercial lawyers are uniquely placed to deploy their rich wealth of practice experience, insight and professionalism in providing both lenders and investors who transact at the varying levels of the capital market with professional advice, to help them safely navigate the vast legal environment of the capital market institutions.
- Secretarial and Corporate services to body corporates, government ministries, departments and agencies and other incorporated organisations or businesses;
- Advising on corporate financing options and restructuring arrangements – such as mergers and acquisitions, takeovers etc.
- Corporate windup and liquidation;
- Advisory, monitoring and reporting services and legal representation to our clients with matters involving corporate and regulatory bodies – such as the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) National Export Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA) and the Standard Organization Nigeria (SON);
- Advising foreign investors and participants in accordance with the investment promotion initiative of the NIPC and other relevant regulatory agencies.